1) It's not that I don't pull weeds, I'm just sequestering carbon.
2) I would take a shower but I'm saving water, and therefore energy, and therefore the world.
3) Getting a Big Gulp is buying in bulk, and we know that buying in bulk is not only fiscally responsible, but environmentally correct.
4) I'd go for a run but I don't want to contribute to CO2 emissions from my elevated breathing.
5) I'm not bumming a ride off you, I'm reducing my carbon footprint.
6) Playing video games all night means I'm using electricity during off peak hours and I'm helping to manage our energy resources.
7) My refrigerator is a celebration in biodiversity.
8) I'm wearing the same clothes as yesterday to help Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
9) I let my trash settle before sending it to the landfill where it would be trapped in an anaerobic environment and never decay.
10) Eating out of cardboard containers means I don't waste water and energy doing dishes.
I take old Starbucks Drink Cups and turn them into Lamps
The warm panels are made from melting down old Starbucks drink cups, but it looks and feels like mica or some organic material. The wood in the lampshade and base is pulled from our 100 year old house in Astoria Oregon during a remodel, and it all comes together for a beautiful, classic look.
Editor's Note: Be sure to check out my blog at
michaelbissell.com/blog -- maybe not as funny as the 5,000+ jokes here, but I ramble about life, technology and other things that make
the world... nutty.