Now that I'm somewhat older, here's what I've discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, then where the heck is it ?
7. It was a whole lot easier to get older, than to get wiser.
8. Some days, you're the top dog, some days you're the hydrant -- live with it.
9. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
10. I wish the buck really did stop here, I sure could use a few of them.
11. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
12. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
13. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
14. The world only beats a path to your door when you're in the bathroom.
15. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
16. When I'm finally holding all the right cards, everyone wants to play chess.
17. It's not hard to meet expenses.... they're everywhere.
18. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
19. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter -- I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm "here after".
20. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded..
I take old Starbucks Drink Cups and turn them into Lamps
The warm panels are made from melting down old Starbucks drink cups, but it looks and feels like mica or some organic material. The wood in the lampshade and base is pulled from our 100 year old house in Astoria Oregon during a remodel, and it all comes together for a beautiful, classic look.
Editor's Note: Be sure to check out my blog at
michaelbissell.com/blog -- maybe not as funny as the 5,000+ jokes here, but I ramble about life, technology and other things that make
the world... nutty.