How to Tell Someone Their Fly Is Unzipped...
- You've got Windows on your laptop.
- Sailor Ned's trying to take a little shore leave.
- Your dork is ajar.
- Quasimodo needs to go back in the tower and tend to his bells.
- I can see your Gap dancers.
- Paging Mr. Johnson... Paging Mr. Johnson...
- Your pod bay door is open, Hal.
- Elvis Junior has left the building!
- Mini Me is making a break for the escape pod.
- Ensign Hanes is reporting a hull breach on the lower deck, Sir!
- Captain, sensors detect a wormhole in the forward quadrant!
- Lil' Shaq's at the free show line.
- You've got your fly set for "Monica" instead of "Hillary."
- Your closet door is open and Donato's peeking out.
- You've got a security breach at Los Pantalones.
- I see you have an opening in senior management.
- Our next guest is someone who needs no introduction.
Buy my book!
Mundane Journeys through an Amazing World
begins with Interstate 80. Not the most engaging topic, I know, but when you think about it, I-80 runs all the way across the North American continent linking San Francisco and New York. It's not just a ribbon of asphalt, it's a portal to far away, almost magical places.
My visits to major cities like Tokyo, London and Washington DC have been business affairs. I haven't rode a lot of roller coasters or ridden in open air buses, but I have visited with senators, bought yams from the back of a truck and barely escaped complete embarrassment when I was introduced to Matt Wiener in Vegas.
As I wrote the book I realized that over the years exotic, distant places have become more like the mundane places I've called home. But, as it turns out, there really aren't any mundane places, only mundane ways of looking at things.
If you have the cost of a latte and a Kindle, you can buy a copy at Amazon by clicking here.
Or buy it in print! Mundane Journeys Trade Paperback
Be sure to check out my blog at
-- maybe not as funny as the 5,000+ jokes here, but I ramble about life, technology and other things that make
the world... nutty.
Today's blog: The New Facebook is Text Messaging
Follow @bissell and @jokeindex on Twitter